NOTE: if you are interested in the Life Safety Code® Surveyor position, see the link titled "Life Safety Code® Surveyor."
The application process is closed until September 2015. If you would like to see information about the accrediation surveyor position and requirements, click on the position description below.
Click here to view a position description that provides information about required qualifications and ongoing requirements of the accreditation surveyor position. Be sure that you meet all of the qualifications, and are able to meet all of the ongoing commitments, prior to submitting an application to become a surveyor.
Training programs for new accreditation surveyors are held twice each year, in June and September. The program consists of three segments:
1. Prior to the training program, trainees complete two to three hours of self-instruction and a preparatory assignment.
2. Trainees attend a two and one-half-day, in-depth classroom session addressing the Accreditation Association's philosophy, Standards, and survey procedures.
3. Once training is complete, new surveyors conduct their first two surveys with an experienced surveyor. Training continues as the new accreditation surveyor participates as a team member on subsequent surveys with experienced surveyors.
Ongoing education of accreditation surveyors regarding new Standards, survey procedures and AAAHC activities is accomplished through webinars, newsletters, and required attendance at a bi-annual refresher training program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
AAAHC is now recruiting applicants for the position of Life Safety Code® surveyor. These surveyors assess compliance with the Physical Environment standards required of Medicare-certified ambulatory surgery facilities.
Click here to view a position description that provides information about required qualifications and ongoing requirements of the Life Safety Code® surveyor position.
To Obtain an Application
To obtain a Life Safety Code Sureyor Application:
- Click here to download and complete a Word version of the Life Safety® Code surveyor application. You can type in your responses, or you can print it and write in your responses.
- Click here to download and complete a .pdf version of the Life Safety® Code surveyor application. You will need to print this version and complete your responses in writing.
Submission instructions are provided on the form. If you have any questions about the application or the process, please contact Julie Haugh, Assistant Director, Surveyor Services, at email@example.com or at 847-853-6064. Thank you for your interest in the surveyor position.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D