As required by Standard 2.I.D, accredited organizations must notify AAAHC in writing within 15 calendar days of any significant organizational, operational or financial changes including, but not limited to:
Complete Form 1 for: Ownership Changes (Mergers or acquisition, changes in controlling interest/ownership, consolidation, name change,)
- Relocation to another physical location
- Additional services and specialties
- Major renovations
- Any interruption in service that exceeds 30 calendar days (as a result of items listed below)
- Changes in state license or other applicable license, federal certification, or qualifying status
- Bankruptcy or other significant change in the financial viability of the organization
Complete Form 2 for:
- Adverse publicity or adverse media coverage
- Death or incapacitation of the physician or dentist in solo physician or dental organizations
- Any governmental investigation, including local, state or federal authorities, involving directly or indirectly the organization or any of its officers, administrators, medical staff or other staff in their role within the organization
- Any interruption in service that exceeds 30 calendar days that is not addressed by Form 1
- Criminal indictment, guilty plea or verdict (other than a traffic violation) involving, directly or indirectly, the organization or any of its officers, administrators, medical staff, or other staff in their role within the organization
An organization's duty to provide this information continues during the entire accreditation process. In the event that the organization is exercising its right to appeal, the organization must notify AAAHC in writing immediately of any such changes. Failure to notify AAAHC in writing may result in an immediate revocation of accreditation or termination of the right to appeal.
Accreditation is not automatically maintained when an accredited organization undergoes significant changes as described above. AAAHC will determine whether the current accreditation term will be maintained and will establish any such conditions.
Changes may be submitted by completing form one or two and submitting required supporting information. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.