Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs)
The AAAHC has been surveying and accrediting ambulatory surgery centers since our founding in 1979. Standards are developed with active industry input, including from the following member organizations:
- Ambulatory Surgery Foundation
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses
- Soceity for Ambulatory Anesthesia
The AAAHC has received Medicare deemed status from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Accreditation surveys can be combined with, or independent of, Medicare surveys.
Review AAAHC policies and procedures and current Standards in the Accreditation Handbook for Ambulatory Health Care or the Accreditation Handbook including Medicare Requirements for Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
Begin your application.