Stay connected all 1,095 days
As required by AAAHC Standards, accredited organizations must notify AAAHC in writing within 15 calendar days of any significant organizational, operational, or financial changes including, but not limited to, the items below.
- Change in majority interest
- Bankruptcy or other significant change in the financial viability of the organization
- Name change
- Additional services or locations
- Major renovations
- Any interruption in service that exceeds 30 calendar days
- Death or incapacitation of the physician or dentist in solo physician or dental organizations
- Changes in state license or federal certification or qualifying status
- Any governmental investigation, including local, state, or federal authorities, criminal indictment, involving directly or indirectly the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners or staff
- Adverse publicity or adverse media coverage
- Criminal indictment, guilty plea, or verdict (other than a traffic violation) involving, directly or indirectly, the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners, or staff in their role within the organization
- Significant changes in managed care enrollment
- Significant changes in a managed care organization or staff membership
How to Submit Change Information:
- Access the Change Notification Form, right click, rename it “Change Notification for [insert your organization ID]” and save it to your computer.
- Reopen the saved form and complete. Note: If the organization is Medicare certified (has a CCN number), please submit evidence that CMS was notified of the change, the CMS approval letter, and the additional required documentation as listed on the form.
- Resave the completed form and submit from an individual who is currently on AAAHC’s approved contact list.
- Email the form as an attachment as follows:
Primary Care organizations
(Student/Indian/Community Health centers, Military, Medical/Dental groups, Health Plan, Network)
Corporate Quality Alliance (CQA) Organizations
- Use: notifyCQA@aaahc.org
(Office-based surgery centers, ambulatory surgery centers) EAST (of the Mississippi River)
- Use: notifyEast@aaahc.org
(Office-based surgery centers, ambulatory surgery centers) WEST (of the Mississippi River)
- Use: notifyWest@aaahc.org
Accreditation is not automatically maintained when an accredited organization undergoes changes as described above. The AAAHC Accreditation Committee will determine whether the current accreditation term will be maintained and establish any related conditions.