Rely on our ambulatory expertise
AAAHC Governance exists to identify and achieve the organizational mission, vision, goals, and strategic outcomes using a structure that is strategically focused, flexible, and depoliticized to produce these outcomes. AAAHC relies on its Governance members to provide the ambulatory care experience and clinical expertise to help shape and deliver our programs.
The AAAHC is the driving force in the transformation of ambulatory health care by advancing quality through evidenced-based standards, interactive learning, and expert guidance.
Improving health care quality through accreditation.
The 2019-2021 Strategic Plan includes four strategic themes that provide balance to our focus. Under each Strategic Theme are Objectives that provide more specificity to the theme and guide how we invest our resources and measure plan achievement.
I. Establish a more structured, robust Standards development methodology to enable more timely, relevant, efficacious, defensible, useable, and automated delivery
- Strengthen AAAHC commitment to quality care assurance and compliance monitoring throughout the accreditation/certification cycle
- Enhance the accreditation process
II. Target growth in areas where AAAHC offers a unique value proposition
- Improve client retention through built-in, valued engagement throughout the accreditation or certification cycle
- Deepen focus on ambulatory care growth opportunities
III. Ensure quality, cost-effective operations, and solid infrastructure for growth
- Invest in supporting technology to deliver timely, relevant value to clients
- Improve fiscal management and general operations
IV. Invest in our people and strategic relationships
- Better leverage and increase volunteer expertise in the governance model to ensure AAAHC standards, education and resources meet market requirements
- Improve the effectiveness and value of AAAHC Surveyors
- Strengthen talent and broaden human resource capabilities
The Engaged Constituency represents the AAAHC volunteer governing body and is composed of individuals participating on the Board and non-Board Governance Units. Governing groups are called Governance Units (GU) or Committees. Members are selected based on health care experience and a balance of perspectives to support the charge of the Governance Unit and AAAHC.
Supporting the AAAHC 1095 Strong, quality every day philosophy, our Governance committees facilitate the improvement and growth of the association, advocate for patient safety, share innovative ideas and provide guidance and strategy on educational opportunities.
The Corporation shall not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, culture, ethnicity, age, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability in the services it provides, in its policies, or in its actions.
Interested in joining a AAAHC Governance Unit?
Participation on a AAAHC Governance Unit is a great way to get engaged, network with quality like-minded peers, and stay up-to-date on quality practices that work for you, your organization, and your patients. We invite you to explore AAAHC Governance through the links below.