Institute Quality Advisory knows quality improvement
Institute Quality Advisory Committee (IQAC) strives for peak performance in quality improvement in ambulatory patient care through analyzing accreditation performance results for trends and compliance to AAAHC Standards, and by assisting organizations with achieving compliance through meaningful performance measurement, evidence-based tools, and focused educational opportunities.
Reports to Board of Directors
Activities and responsibilities
- Monitor Institute activities to ensure alignment with and support of the AAAHC mission, vision, and strategic initiatives
- Provide input to staff for development of new value-added tools and resources
- Provide input, review, and approve Institute benchmarking studies and publications
- Offer recommendations to enhance the awards program
- Contribute to Institute activities e.g., bylined articles, etc.
- Comply with all Governance Unit and AAAHC policies.
- Generate non-position researched tools/products.
- Produce and publish benchmarking studies.
- Execute Institute award program.
- Collaborate with CDC and other Board approved organizations on Institute activities.
- Create work groups from among Governance Unit (GU) members.
Composition, Expertise or Experience Required
- Interest in promoting quality in ambulatory care with ability to think beyond a single specialty or ambulatory setting type.
- Professional experience in an ambulatory health care setting. Technical or clinical expertise in a clinical specialty.
- Good working knowledge of the AAAHC accreditation and certification standards and their application.
- Representation from major health care settings, including but not limited to surgical/procedural and primary care.
- Expertise in quality improvement/research methodology.
Benefits of Membership
- Influence topic selection for benchmarking studies and toolkits.
- Promote quality improvement by aiding and advising Institute in its activities.
- Opportunity to use clinical and research expertise to enhance benchmarking studies, toolkits and other publications.
- Publish bylined articles/research papers as AAAHC Institute Quality Advisory Committee member.