For service scope changes including temporary closures, suspension and expansion of services directly associated with COVID-19, requirements for submission of the AAAHC Change Notification is waived until further notice.
For all facilities, if your primary contact changes during this time, email AAAHC at firstname.lastname@example.org as we want to make sure we can reach you.
As required by AAAHC Standards, accredited organizations must notify us in writing within 15 calendar days of any significant organizational, operational or financial changes including, but not limited to:
- Change in majority interest
- Bankruptcy or other significant change in the financial viability of the organization
- Name change
- Additional services or locations
- Major renovations
- Any interruption in service that exceeds 30 calendar days
- Death or incapacitation of the physician or dentist in solo physician or dental organizations
- Changes in state license or federal certification or qualifying status
- Any governmental investigation, including local, state or federal authorities, criminal indictment, involving directly or indirectly the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners or staff
- Adverse publicity or adverse media coverage
- Criminal indictment, guilty plea or verdict (other than a traffic violation) involving, directly or indirectly, the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners, or staff in their role within the organization
- Significant changes in managed care enrollment
- Significant changes in a managed care organization or staff membership
An organization’s duty to provide this information continues throughout the entire term of accreditation. In the event that the organization is exercising its right to appeal an accreditation decision, the organization must notify AAAHC in writing immediately of any such changes. Failure to notify AAAHC in writing may result in an immediate revocation of accreditation or termination of the right to reconsideration or appeal.
Accreditation is not automatically maintained when an accredited organization undergoes changes as described above. The AAAHC Accreditation Committee will determine whether the current accreditation term will be maintained and establish any related conditions.