Accreditation with Medical Home drives quality and safety
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Accreditation and Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition Initiative supports health centers working toward better care and lower costs for patients. Approved Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs/330 Grantees), benefit from the additional technical assistance and support while seeking Accreditation or Medical Home accreditation from AAAHC.
Accreditation with Medical Home provides an onsite assessment of an organization’s delivery of care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team based, and focused on quality and safety. AAAHC surveyors will evaluate your health center’s approach to patient-centered care throughout your organization. This all-in-one survey includes a review of all services provided, such as ambulatory health care, dental, and behavioral health. Organizations that participate in the accreditation initiative will receive ongoing support throughout the accreditation process.
The comprehensive HRSA Accreditation with Medical Home Initiative provides
- Accreditation Handbook for Ambulatory Health Care
- Pre-survey self-assessment toolkit and conference
- Mock survey
- Ongoing technical assistance
Health centers, with an approved Notice of Intent (NOI), can begin to work with AAAHC in preparation for accreditation. The AAAHC survey provides an interactive, educational, and consultative survey experience. The surveyors are your peers. These established health care professionals bring broad industry insights and knowledge, understand competing priorities, demonstrate enthusiasm for their work, and bring people skills to the table.
Expect a comprehensive onsite survey with:
- A review of documented evidence, e.g., chart review, policies and procedures, credentialing, and personnel records, etc.
- Interviews with health center staff and patients
- Observations to include patient visit
Accreditation Handbook for Ambulatory Health Care Compliance will be determined by:
- Documented evidence, e.g., chart review, policies and procedures, credentialing, and personnel records, etc.
- Health center staff and patient interviews
- Onsite observations
Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to HRSA using the EHB.