Rely on our ambulatory expertise
AAAHC Governance exists to identify and achieve the organizational mission, vision, goals, and strategic outcomes using a structure that is strategically focused, flexible, and depoliticized to produce these outcomes. AAAHC relies on its Governance members to provide the ambulatory care experience and clinical expertise to help shape and deliver our programs.
The AAAHC is the driving force in the transformation of ambulatory health care by advancing quality through evidenced-based standards, interactive learning, and expert guidance.
Improving health care quality through accreditation.
AAAHC brings a unique blend of ambulatory market expertise integrated into all that we do and combined with operational know-how and efficiency to make certain that we are fulfilling or exceeding client expectations while holding them accountable to high standards of care and safety—so that they can consistently deliver quality patient care. Keeping up with market developments and technology to ensure ongoing relevance is key to maintaining and growing AAAHC market share as well as influence and serving in the transformational role elucidated by our vision.
Core to our strategy, the AAAHC 1095 Strong, quality every day philosophy defines our values and emphasizes the importance of quality practices and client readiness throughout the 1,095 days of the accreditation term—and every day during which a patient receives care. Leading accreditation for ambulatory health care for more than 41 years, the AAAHC mission focuses on improving health care quality through accreditation by setting standards, measuring performance, and providing consultation and education. Our experience tells us that for organizations to continue to improve quality and safety, commitment cannot start with the accreditation process and end with a certificate hanging on their wall. The AAAHC 1095 Strong philosophy reflects our commitment to partner with the entire ambulatory care market as they strive for continued quality improvement.
The 2022-2025 Strategic Plan includes four strategic themes that creates a balanced focused. Under each Strategic Theme are Objectives that provide more specificity to the theme and guide tactical plan development, resource allocation, and progress measurement.
I. Measurably drive quality improvement in patient care
- Continue to strengthen AAAHC ambulatory Standards to enable more timely, relevant, efficacious, defensible, useable, and automated delivery and facilitate practice adoption
- Strengthen AAAHC commitment to quality care assurance and compliance monitoring throughout the accreditation/certification cycle
- Enhance the accreditation process
II. Target growth in areas where AAAHC offers a unique value proposition
- Improve client retention through built-in, valued engagement throughout the accreditation or certification cycle
- Deepen focus on ambulatory care growth opportunities; develop relevant new products/services that bring value to the market
III. Ensure quality, cost-effective operations, and solid infrastructure for growth
- Invest in supporting technology to deliver timely, relevant value to clients
- Improve fiscal management and general operations
IV. Invest in our people and strategic relationships
- Better leverage and increase volunteer expertise in the governance model to ensure AAAHC standards, education, and resources meet market requirements
- Improve the effectiveness and value of AAAHC Surveyors
- Strengthen talent and broaden human resource capabilities
The Engaged Constituency represents the AAAHC volunteer governing body and is composed of individuals participating on the Board and non-Board Governance Units. Governing groups are called Governance Units (GU) or Committees. Members are selected based on health care experience and a balance of perspectives to support the charge of the Governance Unit and AAAHC.
Supporting the AAAHC 1095 Strong, quality every day philosophy, our Governance committees facilitate the improvement and growth of the association, advocate for patient safety, share innovative ideas and provide guidance and strategy on educational opportunities.
The Corporation shall not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, culture, ethnicity, age, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability in the services it provides, in its policies, or in its actions.
Interested in joining a AAAHC Governance Unit?
Participation on a AAAHC Governance Unit is a great way to get engaged, network with quality like-minded peers, and stay up-to-date on quality practices that work for you, your organization, and your patients. We invite you to explore AAAHC Governance through the links below.