Surveyor Education designs curriculum
Surveyor Education Committee provides input to and contributes to the design of the Surveyor Education curriculum that drives surveyor consistency, ensures a common understanding of standards and their application in different settings and specialties, and integrates a consultative approach to client interaction.
Reports to Surveyor Administration
Activities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with staff on setting the curriculum for AAAHC surveyor education based on program changes, needs assessments and program evaluation data.
- Monitor participation and evaluate effectiveness of surveyor education.
- Recommend to SCPC surveyor education requirements linked to specific privileges and roles (e.g. specialty certification programs, Medicare, chair, mentor).
- Provide input to faculty selection and education program evaluation mechanisms.
- Recommend to SCPC procedures and selection criteria for mentor recruitment, selection, and education requirements.
- Comply with all Governance Unit and AAAHC policies.
Composition, Expertise or Experience Required
- Interest in promoting quality in ambulatory care with ability to think beyond a single specialty or ambulatory setting type.
- Professional experience in an ambulatory health care setting. Technical or clinical expertise in a clinical specialty.
- At least three years serving as an AAAHC surveyor within the past five years.
Benefits of Membership
- Influence the selection and development of AAAHC surveyors for accreditation and certification programs.
- Contribute to the improvement of ambulatory care quality and patient outcomes.
- AAAHC surveyor experience preferred, but not required.