As required by AAAHC Standards, accredited organizations must notify us in writing within 15 calendar days of any significant organizational, operational or financial changes including, but not limited to:
- Change in majority interest
- Bankruptcy or other significant change in the financial viability of the organization
- Name change
- Additional services or locations
- Major renovations
- Any interruption in service that exceeds 30 calendar days
- Death or incapacitation of the physician or dentist in solo physician or dental organizations
- Changes in state license or federal certification or qualifying status
- Any governmental investigation, including local, state or federal authorities, criminal indictment, involving directly or indirectly the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners or staff
- Adverse publicity or adverse media coverage
- Criminal indictment, guilty plea or verdict (other than a traffic violation) involving, directly or indirectly, the organization or any of its officers, administrators, physicians/practitioners, or staff in their role within the organization
- Significant changes in managed care enrollment
- Significant changes in a managed care organization or staff membership
An organization’s duty to provide this information continues throughout the entire term of accreditation. In the event that the organization is exercising its right to appeal an accreditation decision, the organization must notify AAAHC in writing immediately of any such changes. Failure to notify AAAHC in writing may result in an immediate revocation of accreditation or termination of the right to reconsideration or appeal.
Accreditation is not automatically maintained when an accredited organization undergoes changes as described above. The AAAHC Accreditation Committee will determine whether the current accreditation term will be maintained and establish any related conditions.
How to Submit Change Information
- Click here to access the Change Notification Form, right click, rename it “Change Notification for
[insert your organization ID]” and save it to your computer.
- RE-OPEN the saved form and complete.
Note: If the organization is Medicare certified (has a CCN number), please submit evidence that CMS was notified of the change, the CMS approval letter, and the additional required documentation as listed on the form.
- RESAVE the completed form.
Note: The Change Notification Form must be completed and submitted from an individual who is currently on AAAHC’s approved contact list. For additional questions, please contact AAAHC at 847.853.6060.
- Email the form as an attachment as follows:
Primary Care organizations
(Student/Indian/Community Health centers, Military, Medical/Dental groups, Health Plan, Network)
Corporate Quality Alliance (CQA) Organizations
(Office-based surgery centers, ambulatory surgery centers) EAST (of the Mississippi River)
(Office-based surgery centers, ambulatory surgery centers) WEST (of the Mississippi River)