2020-21 Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award Finalists
The Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award recognizes exemplary quality improvement studies conducted by AAAHC accredited organizations.
Below are the 5 finalists (2 from Surgical/Procedural & 3 from Primary Care) for the 2020-2021 program.
- “Email Capture of Patient Population” submitted by Medical City Surgery Center | Las Colinas – View study poster here.
- “Medication Diversion Quality Improvement Study” submitted by Outpatient Surgical Services – View study poster here.
- “Immunization Error Quality Improvement Study” submitted by Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) – View study poster here.
- “Improving Training Standards for Medical Assistants in a Pediatric Primary Care Setting” submitted by Children’s Health Alliance, LLC – View study poster here.
- “Meeting the Goals of Title IX Federal Mandates for Survivors of Abuse” submitted by Health Services Portland State University – View study poster here.
In addition, AAAHC is excited to bestow a special recognition award to the Winslow Indian Health Care Center for its exemplary QI study on the Prevention of Crowding During COVID-19 Pandemic. View study poster here.
These organizations were selected by our Expert Panel for their exemplary QI studies. Using the “10 Elements” format outlined in our Standards Handbook, each finalist will create a poster that will be available for viewing during the March Achieving Accreditation (AA) conference. Shortly after the March AA conference, we will request AAAHC accredited organizations to review the posters and vote for their favorite. Winners of the Expert Panel and “People’s Choice” will be announced during a Kershner Award ceremony webinar on May 19th. We will provide further details on signing up for this webinar in the coming months.