About the Institute for Quality Improvement
The AAAHC Institute for Quality Improvement was established in 1999. Formerly a non-profit subsidiary of AAAHC, the Institute is now a department within AAAHC, facilitating closer collaboration.
The Institute supports AAAHC activities by:
- offering national benchmarking studies in which organizations can participate and gather information to conduct quality improvement studies of their own.
- producing patient safety and disease management toolkits to help organizations provide safe care.
- recognizing AAAHC accredited organizations’ exemplary quality improvement studies through the Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award.
- analyzing and reporting on data from AAAHC surveys through the annual Quality Roadmap publication
- representing AAAHC in national quality meetings and with national quality organizations, presenting on Institute study findings at national meetings and submitting findings for consideration in peer reviewed journals.