Prepare for your survey
- Order a copy of the appropriate AAAHC handbook to review current Standards.
- Conduct a self-assessment with AAAHC Standards, and develop an action plan to address any gaps.
- Apply now and prepare your organization for the survey.
- AAAHC determines the length of the onsite visit, the number of surveyors needed, and the survey date and fee. AAAHC surveyor(s) conduct the survey.
- AAAHC will inform you of the accreditation decision.
Although the accreditation survey is evaluative, AAAHC emphasizes the educational and consultative benefits of accreditation. AAAHC uses health care professionals and administrators who are actively involved in ambulatory health care settings to conduct accreditation surveys. Specific survey team members are selected, to the extent possible, based on their knowledge of and experience with the range of services provided by the organization seeking an accreditation survey.
AAAHC awards accreditation to organizations that demonstrate substantial compliance with the Standards and adhere to the AAAHC accreditation policies. Compliance is assessed through
- Documentation review
- Direct observation