Submit your QI study
Has your organization conducted a quality improvement (QI) study that you are proud of and has made a huge impact? If “yes,” we invite you to submit your QI study for consideration for the 18th Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award program. You’ve already done the work and submitted documentation of two studies with your Application for Survey. Now is the time to choose the best one and nominate it for a “Bernie.” We’re looking to recognize excellent quality improvement studies and share them with others. The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 10, 2021, 11:59 pm Central Time.
The process for submission is relatively quick and easy.
- To review the application questions, click here. NOTE: The paper copy is for your reference only. To enter, you must complete the online application here.
- To download the Award Program Conditions of Participation, click here.
The AAAHC Quality Institute has appointed an Expert Panel to review all submissions. The panel will judge submissions for clarity and conciseness as well as these ten elements:
- The issue addressed
- The performance goal
- Data collected (performance measure[s])
- Data collection methodology
- Data analyses and conclusions
- Comparison of initial performance versus performance goal
- The development and implementation of corrective action, and, if necessary, additional corrective action
- Re-measurement, and, if necessary, additional re-measurement
- New current performance versus performance goal
- Methods of communication of the study findings throughout the organization
In addition, the panel will review all submissions for evidence of innovative thinking, working as a team, and examples that can be used in other ambulatory health care settings/for other ambulatory health care issues. In compliance with HIPAA, no patient identifiers are allowed on the application.
For the 6 studies (3 primary care, 3 surgical/procedural) chosen as finalists by the Expert Panel, based on most closely reflecting the criteria above, one representative of each study will receive:
- Honoraria of $500 (limit 1 per organization, 6 in total) after making poster presentations (virtually, to be recorded) and participating in the 2022 Bernard A. Kershner QI Award Ceremony webinar where the winners will be announced.
- An award from the AAAHC Institute on behalf of their organization, after completing the items above (poster presentation, participation in the award ceremony).
- Complimentary registration (limit 1 per organization, 6 in total) for Achieving Accreditation (virtual or in-person) in 2022.
Please consider entering your exemplary QI study today! Contact the AAAHC Quality Institute at email@example.com with any questions.
Program void where prohibited.