2024 Kershner QI Award Submissions
AAAHC encourages accredited organizations to plan for the next Kershner QI Award by developing a QI study that you are proud of and makes a huge impact. You are already doing the work as a AAAHC-accredited organization by submitting documentation of two studies with your Application for Survey. Choose a great QI study and prepare to nominate it for a “Bernie.”
Study submissions open Jan 3.
The process for submission is relatively quick and easy. Check out the Top 5 Reasons why you should submit your QI study today!
The AAAHC Institute appoints an Expert Panel to review all submissions. The panel judges submissions for clarity and conciseness as well as these 10 components as found in the “Tools” section of the AAAHC Handbook:
- The issue addressed
- The performance goal
- Data collected (performance measure[s])
- Data collection methodology
- Data analyses and conclusions
- Comparison of initial performance versus performance goal
- The development and implementation of corrective action, and, if necessary, additional corrective action
- Re-measurement, and, if necessary, additional re-measurement
- New current performance versus performance goal
- Methods of communication of the study findings throughout the organization
In addition, the panel reviews all submissions for evidence of innovative thinking, working as a team, and examples that can be used in other ambulatory health care settings/for other ambulatory health care issues. In compliance with HIPAA, no patient identifiers are allowed on the application.
For the 6 studies (3 Primary Care, 3 Surgical/Procedural) chosen as finalists by the Expert Panel, based on most closely reflecting the criteria above, one representative of each study will receive:
- An honorarium of $500 (limit 1 per organization, 6 in total) for each poster presentation.
- Complimentary registration (limit 1 per organization, 6 in total) for one AAAHC Achieving Accreditation program where the winners will be announced.
- Publication of the posters in AAAHC newsletters, websites, and educational offerings, such as Achieving Accreditation.
- Awards for the organization(s) authoring the best study as selected by the Expert Panel and by peers.
Contact the AAAHC Quality Institute at email@example.com with any questions.
Program void where prohibited.