Posted in: Triangle Times Today
Volume 1 | Issue 2 | June 2022
AAAHC Announces 2021–22 Kershner Finalists
The Kershner season is upon us, and AAAHC kicked off the annual celebration of quality improvement (QI) by releasing the names of the six organizations and studies that have been identified as finalists. The 2021–22 finalists were selected by our Expert Panel for their exemplary QI studies.
Three finalists have been chosen in each category, Surgical/Procedural and
• “ Prevention of Endophthalmitis” submitted by The Knoxville Ophthalmology ASC, LLC
• “ Quality Improvement Study: Clinical Record Compliance Utilizing Preoperative-OR Handoff” submitted by New York Center for Ambulatory Surgery
• “ Reducing N95 Mask Reprocessing Discard Rate” submitted by Humble Kingwood Endoscopy Center
• “ Towards a Culture of Best Practice Antibiotic Stewardship: Treatment of Acute Bronchitis” submitted by University Health Services, University of Oregon
• “Telehealth Documentation of Patient Location” submitted by Boynton Health
• “ Improving Quality Care Gap Closure Rates in the Primary Care Setting” submitted by Springfield Clinic
We encourage all of our accredited organizations to engage with us in this year’s run up to the winners circle. Since 2004, AAAHC has celebrated the achievement of ambulatory health care organizations who have reached an exemplary level of achievement in their QI efforts. Our Kershner QI Award winners serve as a model of excellence and may inspire the next great Kershner submission in your organization.
This year we are providing a number of opportunities to engage with past and current Kershner recipients.
• View the Kershner infographic, “Excellence through the years” on our website which displays all past award recipients. To view click here.
• Join us for a Jun 21 webinar on Kershner and QI. Register here.
• Attend virtual Achieving Accreditation in August or onsite in December at Red Rock Las Vegas to learn about the 2021–22 Kershner winners and to hear finalists discuss their studies and QI.*
Conferences & Exhibits
1095 Learn Live Webinars
• The Road to Success withKershner QI Study Finalists webinar
Jun 21 at 11:00 AM CT
• Virtual Achieving Accreditation
For more information about all of our programs, including Achieving Accreditation, please click here.
* Winners of the Kershner QI Award and the People’s Choice will be announced at the Aug 2022 Achieving Accreditation conference. Stay tuned for details.