Institute for Quality Improvement Awards
The AAAHC Institute for Quality Improvement announces the launch of the tenth annual Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award program beginning March 4, 2013. The Institute is seeking descriptions of excellent quality improvement (QI) activities and their resulting interventions that have led to positive outcomes. The AAAHC Institute plans to disseminate information on exemplary activities to others. The deadline for submissions is June 10, 2013 12:00 pm (noon) Central Time.
The AAAHC Institute has appointed an Expert Panel to review all submissions. The criteria against which the Expert Panel will judge submissions are listed in A and B below.
A. The Expert Panel will review all submissions for overall clarity and conciseness of the description of and/or rationale for:
- The quality issue addressed
- Appropriateness of the performance goal
- Data collected (performance measure)
- Data collection methodology
- Data analyses and conclusions
- Initial performance versus performance goal
- The development and implementation of corrective action, and, if necessary, additional corrective action
- Re-measurement, and, if necessary, additional re-measurement
- New current performance versus performance goal
- Methods of communication of the study findings throughout the organization
B. The Expert Panel will also review all submissions for evidence of: innovative thinking, working as a team, and setting an example that can be used in other ambulatory health care settings/for other ambulatory health care issues.
The Institute anticipates that two organizations (one providing primary care and one providing surgical/procedural care) will receive awards. It is planned that representatives of these organizations will receive their awards and give presentations of their QI activities at the 2013 AAAHC Achieving Accreditation Meeting, December 6-7, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
To apply for the 2013 Innovations in Quality Improvement Award Program, please complete and return an application, with the complete Award Program Conditions of Participation.
Additionally, the AAAHC Institute for Quality Improvement Innovations in Quality Improvement Compendium is updated annually to include the latest award winning projects. Please click: Publications.